Linak’s Piezo anti-collision technology is now a standard feature included on all Mercury consoles. The new leg system increases product safety and reduces risk of property damage. The built-in Piezo sensoris highly sensitive and reacts quickly to hard obstructions when raising or lowering the worksurface. No additional programming is required by the user.
Please remember these important product features:
- The Piezo sensor does not replace personal safety habits. Continue to keep pinch points clear at all times to prevent bodily injury and damage to furniture and equipment.
- A desk with a heavier load will react slower than one with minimal ancillary equipment.
- If the collision happens close to the leg column the stop will engage slower than a collision near the desk edge.
- The sensor will engage only when the height adjustability feature is in use.
- During the first second of height adjustment, the sensor will not prompt a full-stop.
- Soft objects like chairs may not register as hard obstructions. Consequently, the sensor may not engage or react slowly.
Due to hardware fit and availability, the Piezo anti-collision technology is only available for Mercury consoles.
Interested to learn more about our console designs and manufacturing?
- Which is the best material for my console?
- The right console promotes user focus and minimizes downtime. Does yours?
- Dispatch Console Resources